Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Whacked Embossing Folder

I have had so many questions about my "Whacked" Finial Press Embossing Folder, that I decided it deserved a post all it's own.


Here is what it looks like.

My favorite is the skinny one in the middle.  I used it on the cards I showed you the past two days.

It's simple really.
  •  Look at the folder and decide where you want to cut. 
  • You can use a fine point Sharpie and draw your lines.
  • Cut along the lines with a pair of sharp scissors. (I used SU Craft & Rubber Scissors.)  
I first saw this on Sandi MacIver's blog.  Just scroll down a bit on the page that is linked here.

I bought another Finial Press EF so I'd have the whole one, but I think I use the "whacked" one more!

If you scroll down and look on the sidebar, there is a label for Whacked Embossing Folder.  You can see the cards where I used it.

Enjoy,
Bonnie

3 comments:

Sarah Coggins said...

How cool! I had no idea you could do such a thing. And how did I miss seeing this on Saturday?

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Hi Bonnie! Thanks so much for popping by my blog! I love to have new visitors! This is a fantastic idea ... and I am so ready with my scissors! But ... I think I will wait until I buy a 2nd! Have been scrolling back through your posts ... and have bookmarked a couple of cards to CASE! Hugs xxaxx

Benzi said...

Bonnie, I am so glad you shared this information. I was really curious about the beautiful embossing you had on those cards.
I'm going to check out Sandi MacIver's blog.