Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Blended Bloom for My Friend

This is the first Blended Bloom I did.

I finally got it on a card.


I used the Rich Razzleberry set of Blendabilities.

I really like them for coloring and the rich look they have.

But when I set it aside and proceeded to do one 
with the Daffodil set, I got splatters all over this one.

It was easy enough to fix by adding some more dots.

I've learned to take the tops off away from any work
and to leave the tops loose until I'm finished.

I can't wait until Stampin' Up! releases more colors.
And until they release these colors to the public.

is You've Gotta  Have Friends.
I'm blessed with many and one
will get this card.

Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog

And speaking of friends,
Darnell is still holding her

Never-Before-Used-Schtuff (Stamps, Dies, EFs, etc.)

and since this was the first time I used
this stamp and the Blendabilities
and I have the added feature of being for a friend,
I'm going to enter this challenge for the 3rd time.

If  you have never visited Darnell's blog,
be sure you do.  She has a delightful way with words
(or non-words as is often the case),
 and is always very positive and upbeat.
I always leave her blog with a smile on my face
and often with a few giggles too.

I hope you'll click on the links and check out these challenges.

Thanks for the visit.

Enjoy!
    **********
Card Recipe
Stamps:  Blended Bloom, Blossoms Abound (retired)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Blackberry Bliss
Paper:  Whisper White, Blackberry Bliss
Other:  Blendabilities (Rich Razzleberry, Daffodil Delight)

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted


23 comments:

Benzi said...

What a beautiful flower, Bonnie. I have always loved the Rich Razzleberry color....yes, so rich. The splatters are great...no worries there. They're very trendy now and I'm glad.

Sue said...

Oh my this is beautiful:) I love this what a gorgeous colour..and your so right about Darnell she always cheers me up lol lots of huggles Bonnie Sue xxxxxxxx

Irish Cherokee said...

Beautiful Bonnie. The colors really are quite rich. Excellent coloring and blending.

Sue - said...

Lovely card Bonnie. Looking forward to getting my blendabilities soon!

Cynthia said...

Wow! I love that incredibly rich color on the flower! Gorgeous!!

JD/ Jill said...

Very pretty card...with a nicely colored flower!

Deepti said...

Ur coloring is so amazing, it looks as if I can pick the flower from the card base :) love that u did yellow splatters to match the center of the flower :)

Darnell said...

WOWZA, Bonnie, this is really remarkable! Those colors are incredibly bold and I love the happy accident with the yellow splatters! Way to roll with it!!

Thank you for linking up again with my NBUS Challenge and saying all those sweet things about me!! I love you, too!! Darnell

Laura said...

Hi Bonnie, beautiful card and what a beautiful job on your coloring. Love the colors TFS
Hope all is well

Jeanne H said...

Beautiful coloring, Bonnie. Simple and chic!

Patti said...

Wow, super job for the first time coloring this. And the "splatters" go perfectly on the card. Certainly don't look like a mistake to me. Beautiful.

Brenda said...

This card is just beautiful Bonnie! I love the color you chose for this flower, the Rich Razzleberry really is rich looking. And I so love this flower, which is on my wish list to get! You did a great job coloring with the Blendabilities. People are really loving them and can't wait until they can order them. Hugs, Brenda

Dana said...

Gorgeous card!! Amazing coloring skills!! I love the color of the flower!!!

jimlynn said...

Those colors and that big gorgeous flower - stunning!!! So beautiful.
Lynn

MaryH said...

Awesome. I can see you are a pro with these new markers. Love the added splatters too. Great rich color on a pretty flower. Perfect card for the NBUS. TFS

Lyn said...

Dropping by from NBUS I love your card and what a lovely job you have done with the blending of colour <3

scrappymo! said...

Beautiful card and the dots look fabulous.

Jerri Jimenez said...

This is absolutely stunning! There is so much depth and dimension to your water colored flower, it's simply stunning.

Greta said...

Wow--what a gorgeous flower & beautiful card, Bonnie!

Carol L said...

This is one stunning card and I really like the razzleberry colors with the yellow center! I splattered my blue blended bloom card recently too while removing a yellow cap, which is why mine was fussy cut! LOL Those caps are tricky aren't they? :) Great NBUS entry!

Kim S said...

Beautifully colored - it is so realistic. And the splatters were a happy accident - they look like sun spots!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

That Razzleberry is such a gorgeous color and makes for a wonderful marker. Yum yum! Love it!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Bonnie, this is beautiful! I just got this image last week and can't wait to try it! And I agree with Brenda that splatters are definitely "in" these days!! So I love what you've done! Beautiful card! Hugs!