Friday, June 27, 2014

Bloom with Hope for Loll

My good friend Loll (Stamping with Loll)
is celebrating her birthday.


Happy Birthday again, my friend.

One of the first cards that I saw of Loll's was lollipops.

This single daisy reminded me of a lollipop
so it had Loll's name on it right away.

I stamped the daisy (it's from a new Stampin' Up! hostess set)
with Smoky Slate and colored the center with a 
Daffodil Delight Stampin' Write Marker.

I cut out the flower and the stem
and placed it on my embossed piece with dimensionals.

Then I added some glue over the center and filled it with 

The twine is some crochet cotton (the thickest I could find)
that has been dragged through some Gesso.
I let it dry on wax paper and wind on an empty ribbon spool.
I love how it molds easily with my fingers.

The partial embossing is something I saw recently on the Internet.
I usually save these things, but I can't find it now.
If you recognize this as your technique, please let me know
and I'll credit you with it.

I placed some painter's tape on my embossing folder, 
using 2 pieces to measure about 1 1/2"

Using tab 1, I put the edge of the cutting plates even
with the bottom of the tape
and ran it through my Big Shot.

Then I repeated the process for the top section.

I love how it leaves a clean spot for the sentiment.

Loll is the hostess for the

I know it's a stretch, but this daisy has a sunny yellow center.
So I'm going to enter this over there.

says
 ANYTHING GOES

wednesdayblog-logo

The flower is from a snippet
so I can go to
and check out the ducks.

Addicted to Stamps and More!
is doing
ANYTHING GOES 
They had a birthday last week.
a belated Happy Birthday ladies!

I'm so glad you could stop by.

And a very happy birthday, Loll.

Enjoy!
    ***********

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Bloom with Hope
Ink:  Smoky Slate, Pear Pizzazz, SU Marker (Daffodil Delight)
Paper:  110# Solar White (Neena), Whisper White
Other:  Square Lattice EF, Crochet Thread (stiffened with Gesso)

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.


27 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Bonnie the background embossing and the flower are so beautiful!

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card Bonnie and TFS so many clever techniques! Thanks for the heads up too on Loll's birthday, Cathy x

Vicki Dutcher said...

She will love this! Thanks for joining in with ATCAS. Popping over to wish Loll a HB!

Benzi said...

Bonnie, it's a beautiful card and the gesso idea is a good one. For sure, Loll has some wonderful cards.

Deepti said...

This is so pretty, I love that u kept is all white and just focused on the yellow on the sun flower :) Thank you for sharing with ATCAS n ATSM!

jimlynn said...

I'm going to have to try that with the partial embossing since I was wondering the other day how to do that on a card I was making! Thanks for the info! Also love the way you did the crochet thread and gesso! And last but not least, love your card!!! SO very pretty and Loll will love it.
Lynn

Sue said...

I love this Bonnie that embossing technique is fab! gorgeous card..have a great weekend huggles Sue xx

Loll said...

Hi Bonnie. Thank you so much, my friend. I LOVE this birthday card ... and as beautiful as it looks on your blog, it's even more amazing in person.

Thanks for the tips about the partial embossing ... need to give that a try - the tape tip will help tremendously.

And what a fabulous idea to add gesso to the twine so that it can be shaped. Will give that a try as well ... have gesso, just haven't used it yet.

You have helped to make my birthday very special ... you are so sweet and I cherish our friendship. Loll xx

Laura Sterckx said...

This is so pretty and elegant. Love the flower. It looks very sophisticated. Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog. :)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

FABULOUS card, love how you have done the embossing, must try that, thank for the tutorial.

Sue - said...

Really like this card with mknimal colour. So glad you explained how you left the panel unembossed! It's very effective and as you say perfect for the sentiment.

scrappymo! said...

What a pretty card and a great idea! Have to check the garage for some painters tape!

Bobby said...

I love the embossed background with the sentiment space, Bonnie. This would make a great wedding card.

Darnell said...

Such a sweet lollipop card for Loll's birthday, Bonnie, and the girls at the Playground will love it, too! I have Loll's birthday on my calendar for Saturday, so I'll make a note of that correction, thank you. Hugs, Darnell

Jill Norwood said...

So very sweet! Love the embossing tip too and the gesso tip!

Jules said...

Hi Bonnie

A gorgeous card!

Love the embossing and that beautiful flower .. .. and I bet your friend did too.

Love the twine/gesso idea! Thanks for sharing that with us.

Have a good weekend.

Love Jules xx

Di said...

Totally fabulous Bonnie! Gosh you gave a couple of great tips here too - especially the one about the embossing folder. So simple when you think about it but sometimes we get too close to see ways round things.

Hugs, Di xx

OH Babs said...

Love the card Bonnie. Thank you for sharing the technique which I will place in my technique folder. Loll will be pleased with your card.

Deborah Frings said...

I'm sure Loll loves this card - it is so pretty. Great texture, pretty flower and simply beautiful. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

Greta said...

Oh how neat, Bonnie! I know she loved it!

laurie said...

i'm crazy about daisies...love the partial embossing. i will give it a try!

Brenda said...

This is a beautiful card Bonnie! I am loving that daisy-how cool and clever of you to make it a lollipop! How did you remember that your first "Loll" card was a lollipop?! You've got a great memory!! Hugs, Brenda

Aileen said...

I love the texture on the background and your single daisy is just fab! x

MaryH said...

Beautiful, clean & simple yet so very effective card. That sunflower is lovely and so cheerful. Just sings Summertime. That embossing technique sounds great, and it sure yielded an awesome emboss with my fav SU folder. Not sure if I understand what you did, but I'l read it again.(old minds and comprehension you understand! Well, you're not there yet!!!). But it's a lovely look. I'm off to wish Loll a Happy Birthday, and she's going to love her beautiful card just as much as I loved mine! Thank you sweet Bonnie. Hugs.

JoAnn said...

This is so pretty Bonnie. I love the embossing technique, beautiful flower, and the way you stiffened the crochet thread. I will have to give that a try.

Cynthia said...

So cute! Love all the tips too--thanks for posting them!!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Pretty, simple and elegant! And it does remind me on a lollipop.