Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Bloom with Hope One Layer Watercolor

This is for a special Paper Players Challenge this week.

They're celebrating their 200th challenge!


Well, I guess it's not really a birthday.

The challenge this week is
create a new project based on any one of the challenges presented by our DT

I chose two for this card.

First is Ann Schach's challenge.

        

also Jaydee's challenge


There's some beautiful cards by the DT.
And the winner of this week's challenge gets all these gorgeous DT cards!

And at Splitcoaststampers, the CAS challenge this week is honoring 
Harriet Skelly.

I've been an admirer of Harriet's cards for a long time.

This is the card that was my inspiration.

I'm so glad you could stop by.

Enjoy!
    **********
Card Recipe
Stamps:  Bloom with Hope (Hostess set), Blooming with Kindness
Ink: Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink (Tim Holtz), Early Espresso
Paper:  Strathmore 140# cold pressed
Other:  Sakura Koi Watercolors, Needlepoint Border EF (retired)

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted


16 comments:

Irish Cherokee said...

Excellent Bonnie. Love the coloring and image.

Blessings
Jim

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful card - the poppy is stunning. Elizabeth xx

jimlynn said...

Beautiful water coloring Bonnie. That flower just pops! Lovely, lovely card.
Lynn

Joni Andaya said...

Beautiful Watercoloring Bonnie :)

LeAnne said...

Beautiful! A great take on both Jaydee's and Ann's challenge! Thanks for sharing this with us at our Paper Player's 200th Challenge!

Brenda said...

Wow Bonnie, this card is stunning!! I really love how your flower came out!! Hugs, Brenda

Susan said...

I struggle so much with one layer cards so I'm full of admiration for your lovely card. Great way of adding some texture and dimension with the embossing folder border.

jaydee said...

Bonnie,
I love that you combined the one layer card with watercoloring. Your card is beautiful. I love the embossed element at the top - it really balances the gorgeous flower at the bottom. So glad you joined us for our 200th challenge and shared this fabulous card.
Jaydee

MaryH said...

The inspiration card is lovely, but I'm liking your bright posy much better I think. Love the brilliant pop of color on this very well done w/color image. You are mastering that W/Color technique (well, you always did!). I think I got a set of the Koi with my last 50% AC Moore coupon but so far, it's NBUS! Great work Bonnie. TFS & Hugs

Sue said...

Stunning card Bonnie! really pretty huggles Sue xx

Cynthia said...

Loooooove that flower, Bonnie!!!

Darnell said...

Really breathtaking watercolor card, Bonnie! I love the touches of white, just like in a painting! Hugs, Darnell

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Congrats on your win at the Paper Players - fabulous card!

Greta said...

Wow, Bonnie! This is gorgeous!

Bev said...

Bonnie this is so elegant, great job with the water colouring. Bev x

Loll said...

Gorgeous watercoloring Bonnie. Love the colors and all that beautiful white space really brings the focus onto your flower. Great job! Loll xx