Friday, June 6, 2014

Butterfly Garden

When I saw Lori's sketch at Seize the Sketch this week,
I knew I had to play.

Take a look.


You can't get much easier than that!

I pulled a piece from my UFO (UnFinished Objects) box.

It fit perfectly.


The design image was inked with markers and stamped.

I touched up a bit with the markers
and added some butterflies from my butterfly box.

is MAGIC
I feel like it's magic when I can ink a stamp with markers
and it looks like it was painted.

I saw a quote on the Stampingpeace blog that I loved
and asked to share on with my readers.

"The woman who works with her hands only is a laborer.

The woman who works with her hands and her head is a craftswoman.

The woman who works with her hands, her head & her heart is an artist."

~ St. Francis of Assisi*

Dawn also has some wonderful card creations.
Why not pay her a visit?

Here's to all the wonderful artists out there.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Enjoy!
    **********
Card Recipe
Stamps:  Just Believe (retired), Petite Pairs
Ink: Island Indigo, SU Markers (Marina Mist, Peara Pizzazz, Real Red, Island Indigo)
Paper:  110# (Neena), Whisper White, Read Red, Daffodil Delight
Other:  Square Lattice EF (retired), Beautiful Wings Embosslit

* This is a paraphrase of the St. Francis of Assisi quote 




15 comments:

scrappymo! said...

I have never done an image with markers...but I am going to try! Love the look of this!

jimlynn said...

Precious and so pretty! Love all the tiny butterflies. Great stamping with markers.
Lynn

Joanne Travis said...

I really love the pop of the primary colors against the white, it's stunning!
Also love the quote by St. Francis, he was always one of my favorite saints since I was a child.

Irish Cherokee said...

Great card Bonnie. The tilt on the panel really sets off the card perfectly.

laurie said...

I'll have to give that a try..it's so pretty!

Irene said...

Absolutely stunning and beautiful Bonnie. How I wish I'd bought that stamp as you have coloured it perfectly. I love the vibrant pop of colurs and wonderful quote.
luv
irene
xxxx

Patti said...

What a lovely garden on paper. The colors on the white are perfect. Brought a smile to my face.

Susan said...

Perfect use of a piece from your UFO box! Love the cheery colours and the addition of the butterflies.

Greta said...

Gorgeous focal point, Bonnie! Love the look--need to color my stamps more often.

Darnell said...

And you are a fine artist, too, Bonnie, as is very evident by this beautiful card! If I didn't know better, I would think it was painted!! Hugs, Darnell

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Simply beautiful and a great take on the sketch Bonnie - love the colours and the SU EF (I finally bought it - just in time before it was retired - Yaaay)!
Sylvia x

Anna-Karin said...

Beautiful card! Yes, that is a magical technique and perfect for the stamp that you used. Thank you so much for sharing some magic with us this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

Brenda said...

Oh Bonnie, this card is fabulous! I love those beautiful flowers. Your colors are so pretty and summery. I love using markers to stamp with. Hugs, Brenda

Cynthia said...

Beautiful!! Love that quote too!

wienerhoneymooners said...

WOW, this is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!