Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Poppies for the Queen

It's been a while since I've been able to honor 
the Queen for the Day
at Splitcoaststampers.

This week's Queen is Ann (aka Dockside)
and she has a wonderful gallery!

This is the card I chose to CASE

and this is the card I made....


The poppies were a leftover from a recent class.
They were cut with a Memory Box Die and sponged with ink.
The blooms were first sponged with Tangerine Tango
then highlighted with Real Red.

I used 2 diecuts and layered them.

Since the poppies are snippets
cut from snippets
I'm taking them to

I'm so glad you could stop by.

Enjoy!
    **********
Card Recipe
Stamps: Meadow Greens (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Early Espresso, Tangerine Tango, Real Red, Old Olive
Paper:  110# (Neena), Tangerine Tango, Whisper White
Other:  Prim Poppies Die (Memory Box), Stitched Mats Rectangles (Lil' Inkers)


17 comments:

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I love it! So clean and simple. I gotta get me those stitched die cuts. They look like so much fun! They add a smidgen of interest without being over the top.

Tracey McNeely said...

Bonnie gorgeous poppies and gorgeous card!

jimlynn said...

Love the way you doubled the die and sponged it like that! I'll have to try that as I've only used them die cut in solid colors. Thanks for the inspiration! Lovely card!
Lynn

Anonymous said...

Pretty card and love the quote!

scrappymo! said...

What an amazing quote! Love those words...

I have a poppy stamp I won at Pixies Crafty Workshop...will have to try this!

Anonymous said...

Bonnie, all the quotes on the blog are there for the taking. Thanks for your visit to Maine this morning. : ) Have a great day!

Marybeth said...

Great idea to sponge the die ,love the look ! Beautiful card and quote. The orange poppy is Ca's state flower.

Marybeth said...

I went back to some of the watercolors I missed......they are gorgeous! Beautiful work!

Diane said...

Beautiful design Bonnie, the framing and stitching are wonderful.

Hugs diane

Deepti said...

This is gorgeous, I like that you picked the color of the frame same as that of the poppoes, looks very pretty !

Sue said...

Really gorgeous Bonnie! I love poppies huggles Sue xx

Jean said...

A fabulous card, I love the poppies and the lovely sentiment.
Jean x

Cynthia said...

As always, you have such beautiful snippets!! ;-) Gorgeous card--love love love those flowers!!

Di said...

Oh this really is gorgeous Bonnie. LOVE the poppies (we still only have the one bloom open in the Playground here - with 20 waiting to burst forth!) - love the design, as always just beautifully placed.

Hugs, Di xx

Mrs A. said...

Beautiful poppies. Hugs Mrs a.

Greta said...

Fabulous quote & gorgeous coloring of those poppies, Bonnie!

Darnell said...

There is only one word necessary for my comment on this, Bonnie: Perfection! Hugs, Darnell