Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Bright and Beautiful Gold Star

I've been busy designing cards for classes 
and trying not to distract myself by looking at the challenges.

But I did take a peek at the Paper Players on Sunday
and was delighted that I had a card done that fit their challenge.


I had used this layout for a class last month
but this one had some extra gold on it.


I stamped and heat embossed the medium star
with gold. 

I even used some snippets of gold foil and embossed them for trim.

I love the texture on the gold!

Edited to add:
Addicted to Stamps
is having a HOLIDAY challenge.
(How could I forget them?)
Addicted to Stamps and More!


I'll take my snippets and say hello to the gals at 


ANYTHING GOES.
Simon Monday Challenge Blog

I'm so glad you could stop by.

Enjoy!
    **********
Card Recipe
Stamps:  Bright and Beautiful
Ink:  Encore Gold
Paper:  Very Vanilla, Gold Foil
Other:  Gold EP, Stars Framelit Dies, Elegant Lines EF, Square Lattice EF (retired), Punch Pack (retired)

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted



25 comments:

Benzi said...

Just beautiful, Bonnie. Wow! I love the gold trim and the star is gorgeous.

laurie said...

Oh Bonnie, this is SO beautiful! That gold is just gorgeous. That was a great idea,too, embossing the gold. The texture is awesome!

Deepti said...

This is gorgeous! Gold star with those intricate details looks amazing :)

Betty said...

fantastic star - love all the detail in it - seems like i can't make too many cards with gold on this season - and want you to know how much i love seeing your comments on my cards. - thanks so much

Brenda said...

Oh my word Bonnie, this card is stunning!! I love the gold star and the extra gold on it. It just shines so beautiful! The embossing is fabulous too, this is one Christmas card that would be well welcomed in the mail for anyone! Hugs, Brenda

jimlynn said...

So beautiful! LOVE all the wonderful gold on this and the fantastic star! This makes me ready for Christmas!
Lynn

Loll said...

Beautiful and elegant Bonnie. Loll xx

Shona Chambers said...

This is a gold wonder!! I love how you used gold so much but it all goes together and isn't overdone. Really like the embossed strip for the different texture. Just beautiful!

Di said...

Oh this really is fabulous Bonnie! I love the extra pop from the embossed gold as well.

Hugs

Di xx

Cynthia said...

Oooooo, that's just gorgeous!! LOVE all the beautiful, shiny GOLD!!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

It certainly is a bright and beautiful star, a perfect Christmas card to be on the mantlepiece.

Susan said...

So lovely in gold! I think I will have to break down and buy that Bright and Beautiful set!

Marybeth said...

Hi Bonnie! I love the gold embossing on your star . What an elegant Christmas card, love it! I am in the gold mood and love it on any card. That embossed strip of gold is a nice touch.

Mrs A. said...

Wow. A beauty in every sense. Hugs Mrs A.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Very elegant with the gold!

Yapha said...

Gorgeous! I love the embossed foil. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players.

Greta said...

Oh my goodness, Bonnie--totally gorgeous card which I just adore! The embossed gold strip is amazing!

Jean said...

A beautiful and elegant card.
Jean x

jaydee said...

Bonnie, the star really pops off the page in gold and I love how you treated the center. Fabulous card! So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Hettie said...

What a beauty Bonnie. Love it.
Hugs
xx

Sandra said...

Such an elegant card! Love those gold elements! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Stunning card.
Caroline xxx

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Gorgeous Bonnie - great minds think alike! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Now there's a gold star to make any good student envious. Love your card.

Heather T said...

So elegant and pretty.