Monday, October 13, 2014

Silent Night

Come see what we're doing at Merry Monday this week.


My good friend LeAnne is our hostess this week
and she chose


Silent Night is one of my favorite Christmas carols
and the photo inspiration is so beautiful.

It was the perfect opportunity to ink up 2 NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff) stamps.

The words to Silent Night were in a set of beautifully scripted Christmas sentiments.
The Nativity Ornament was in the sale bin at Michaels.  Lucky find!

I embossed the words with white embossing powder and did some
of my splotchy sponging.
(I'm really trying to get a smoother look.)
We'll just pretend it's a cloudy sky, OK?

I stamped the ornament on some Lost Lagoon cardstock
 and embossed it in white.

One of the ornaments from the retired Holiday Ornaments Framelit Dies 
fit very well to cut it out with just a bit of trimming.

Since I used some snippets from my blue bag, I'm off to
where the playmates will no doubt be standing in line for the
fabulous prize snowflake!
No pushing and shoving girls!

The Merry Makers have some awesome cards over at
to inspire and amaze you.

I hope you'll join us this week.
Only 6 more weeks until December 1st!

So glad you came to visit.

Enjoy!
    **********
Card Recipe
Stamps: Fanciful Christmas & Scripted Greetings (Amy R), Nativity Ornament (Hero Arts)
Ink:  Whisper White, Lost Lagoon
Paper:  Whisper White, Lost Lagoon
Other: White EP, Kars Snowflake Spots EF (Cuttlebug retired), Holiday Ornaments Framelit Die, Stitched Mat Square Die (Lil' Inkers), Silver DMC thread, Basic Pearls

All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted




34 comments:

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! I love your color choice, and the verses and pretty little ornament are just perfect. Finish it off with pearls..well, I just wouldn't even want to send this card out, I'd want to keep it as a work of art! Thanks for rocking my challenge, my friend!

jimlynn said...

Marvelous!!! I love this Bonnie. Such a pretty pretty color and the ornament is perfect to do with Silent Night! Gorgeous card.
Lynn

Gibmiss said...

Hi Bonnie
Stunning card.... Love the colour you have use.... Gorgeous...
Hugs Sylvie xx

Brian King said...

This is really beautiful, Bonnie! The ornament on the right is the perfect accent to your sponged sentiment in the middle. I LOVE the look of white embossing powder.

Liz said...

This really caught my eye. I love the colour and such a beautiful design. x

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

How lucky of you to have the silent night in the form of a stamp and to combine it with the beautiful ornament!

Kathy said...

Your card is so wonderful. Love the stamps used and the white embossing with the blue lagoon color and pearls is just great. Thanks for commenting on my blog. I am one of your new followers.

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous card Bonnie. I love the colors and that pretty embossed ornament. I have the same stamp and love it.

Jean said...

A lovely card - perfect for the inspiration!

Karren said...

Beautiful! The white embossing on Lost Lagoon just looks stunning.

Doris said...

Your sponging is just fine, not at all splotchy. Your color choice is soooo pretty!

Deepti said...

This is so pretty :) I love the ornament !

Sarn said...

Love the colour and the card as a whole. Hugs, Sarn xxx

Susan said...

Beautifully done, Bonnie. Don't be so hard on yourself - I like your sponging! I didn't enter Merry Monday last week as neon wasn't my cup of tea, but will definitely do a card this week, and, like you, I've got a NBUS stamp to use!

Katie Melhus said...

Lovely Bonnie! Love that suspended ornament!

Notes by Nina said...

Wonderful card Bonnie, the snowy background is a perfect backdrop for your lovely sentiment.

laurie said...

Your lucky find turned into a beautiful card! I love the sponging, so pretty!

Wendy said...

Such a beautiful card, Bonnie! Love the embossing and those pretty stamps! Perfect card!! :)

Greta said...

Wow, wow, wow! This is fabulous, Bonnie! Can't believe you got that ornament in the sale bin--I never find goodies like that--LOL!

Hettie said...

Gorgeous. The stamp and the colours. Perfick.
Hugs
xx

Di said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Bonnie! Lovely stamps and I adore the colours.

Aha, I did wonder what all the scuffling was in the Playground :)

Hugs

Di
xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is stunning Bonnie and so very well put together. Love the extra details

Loll said...

Beautiful Bonnie. Love your sponging ... it has a lot of texture, depth and interest. We crafters are WAY too hard on ourselves! Love the white embossing on the gorgeous blue background. Loll xx

Windy Ellard said...

Wow with the white emboss powder! Love your card!

Kristie Goulet said...

This is so beautiful, Bonnie! Love the sponging and that beautiful hanging ornament. Have a great day!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Oh so pretty! Just a lovely card Bonnie!!

Deanne :)

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Bonnie, what a spectacular card and the sentiment is absolutely perfect!!

Romayne said...

LOVE this challenge & love your card. It's a great design that really fits the brief.

First visit to your blog & I'm not a stamper, but think I'll be back again for inspiration :)

Betty Wright said...

So stunning and serene! Love these colors for Christmas cards! Beautifully done!

MaryH said...

I always love the traditional cards that celebrate the true meaning of Christmas. You've done it so well with this pretty card. The colors are wonderful with the white ink printing. That's a great score from the bargain bin, as I have that stamp too. (not from the Bargain bin, I might add). It's a wonderful look with the soft teal and creamy white too. Love the snowfall embossing and the pearls added. Super card, Miz Bonnie. TFS & Happy Sunday

Princess Judy Palmer said...

What a perfect card to depict a silent night!

Brenda said...

I love this card Bonnie! Silent Night is one of my favorite Christmas carols too and this card is a perfect Christmas card! Hugs, Brenda

Kim S said...

It's a lovely stamp and I think that Lost Lagoon was the perfect choice for a "silent night".

Karen said...

Gorgeous Card!

I'm in need of your help. I'm trying to find a stamp or stamp set to purchase like the stamp you used on your card for Nativity Ornament for Merry Monday dated May 23, 2016. Do you know who makes this stamp and if it's still available to purchase. I really the card you designed using this stamp.

Karen @ kmore8south@att.net