Sunday, June 28, 2015

The Sweetest Sound


I'll give you a break from butterflies.

Another of my favorite themes for cards is birds.

Bird songs are some of the sweetest sounds.

I inked the stamp with SU Markers, huffed and stamped.

Using a damp Aqua Painter, I blended the colors just a bit.

I also swiped markers on a plastic lid and picked up with the Aqua Painter
to fill in some blank spots.

After doing the main image, I inked the smaller branch,
again with markers, stamped off and did 
second and third generation stamping.

I bought this stamp thinking it would be perfect for anniversary cards.
Other occasions too.

 ****WINGS****

I hope you've heard some bird songs today.

Enjoy!
    **********
Card Recipe
Stamps:  Sweetest Sound, Special Wishes (both Penny Black)
Ink: SU Markers (Soft Suede, Garden Green, Lost Lagoon, Crisp Cantaloupe, Peach Parfait, Delightful Dijon)
Paper:  Soft Suede, Whisper White, Marina Mist (All SU)
Other:  Stitched Mats Rectangles (Lil' Inker), Aqua Painter

13 comments:

jimlynn said...

Beautiful stamping and coloring with the inks that way. Love the pretty image and it's stunning framed out with the brown mat!
Lynn

MaryH said...

Just another beauty. This one has quite an oriental feel to it (to me anyway), with the way you've done the soft coloring & the branches & blooms. Wish I had your w/color skills! TFS & Hugs

Loll said...

This is so pretty. Love how you've stamped these images ... they look watercoloured. And love that you've put them on a brown card base --- it really grounds everything perfectly. xx

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful birds Bonnie, beautifully stamped. They have made your card gorgeous!
Blessings
Maxine

brenda said...

A beautiful card for our wings theme Bonnie, loving the soft muted inking.

It lovely to see you at Penny Black and More challenge, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Филиппова Лариса said...

Нежная и красивая открытка!

Susan Joyce said...

Awesome card Bonnie, love the birds.

Linby said...

What a fabulous effect you've achieved and so pretty too. Really like your birds.
Thanks so much for sharing for our Wings challenge at Penny Black & More.
Lynn x
DT

Brenda said...

Gorgeous Bonnie, just gorgeous! I love that bird stamp and I love your second and third generation stamping. I so love hearing birds sing. That's why I sit outside to read! They even put me to sleep sometimes. lol Hugs, Brenda

Ellibelle said...

What a stunning creation Bonnie! Love all those pretty colors! Gorgeous stamp!

Ellibelle said...

Me again, Bonnie! Forgot to say thanks for playing along in our Wings challenge at Penny Black and More! So happy you joined us!

Greta said...

This looks like a painting, Bonnie! I'd put it in a frame if it was at my house!

Marcia Hill said...

Just catching up on some of my favorite blogs to visit, and had to tell you how beautiful this card is Bonnie! Your coloring is just fantastic...love the water colored look and the stamping off that you did too. I think I NEED this stamp!! :0) Happy 4th and enjoy your weekend!